My introduction to art appreciation started at an early age, with close family and friends who were extremely talented in many types of artistic expression, including music. My earliest memories of photography started when my grandmother would often show a hard-cover copy of National Geographic.
In it was an article about her first cousin, Dr. William Harding Longley, a botanist who, in 1926, partnered with Kodak to make an underwater camera that photographed the FIRST COLOR underwater image. This camera now rests in the archives at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC. An article describing this remarkable partnership can be found on National Geographic’s website.
Summary of Artistic Background, Affiliations and Achievements
- 2016 - present Member of Kimball Jenkins School of Art Board - volunteer event photographer
- 2012 - present Member Deerfield Arts Tour - juried membership - annual October open studio
- 2011 - 2014 Member of NH Society Photographic Artists, an invitational membership process.
- 2005 – 2013 Member of NH Art Association, NHAA membership is determined by a semi-annual jury process.
- 2004 - Graduated from NH Institute of Art with a Certificate in Photography. http://www.nhia.edu
- 2002 – 2013 Member of the Women’s Caucus for Art (WCA/NH Chapter), a nationwide invitational association. Served as Exhibitions Coordinator from 2005 -2009. Helped coordinate fourteen exhibitions during that four-year tenure, giving great art exposure and opportunities.
- 2000 – present Member of New Hampshire Professional Photographers’ Association. Judge’s Choice Award in 2002. NHPPA is a juried membership.
* Springs 2010,2012 & 2015 Attended workshops at Camp Tintype with John Coffer.
Publication and exhibit listings available upon request.